Please note: The application window for volunteers has closed. Please check back in January 2022.
Tucson Police Volunteers are community members who bring a wide variety of experience, education, skills, and interests to support the department and give back to the community.
Tucson Police Volunteers help build valuable, impactful relationships between the department and our diverse community. Volunteering is also a great way to explore your interest in a possible career in law enforcement.
- Community Engagement
- Crime Lab
- Crime Prevention
- Division Support
- Investigative Unit Support
- Neighborhood Services
- Public Relations
- Research and Analysis
- Role Player (at the police academy)
- Special Events
- Specialty Unit Support
- Volunteer/Intern Services
Volunteer Application Process
- Email your request to apply to email@example.com
- All applicants undergo a comprehensive background check
- Once they successfully complete the background check, applicants go through the intake process and are assigned to a unit/position.
Role Player Volunteer Application Process
Tucson Police Role Player Volunteers act out roles in scenario-based training for Police Officer and Community Service Officer recruits.
This is a very important partnership that allows recruits to engage with and learn from community members. It also gives community members the opportunity to bring their experiences and perspective to officer training, while learning more about the department and our recruitment process.
Tucson Police Role Player Volunteers help officers develop communication and engagement skills, while they train for situations they encounter, such as:
- Domestic violence
- DUI traffic stop
- Mental health crisis
- Public nuisance
Apply to be a Role Player
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Need a valid Driver’s License or ID
- Basic background check
- Download and complete a Role Player Interest Form (pdf)
- Email the form to TPDvolunteers@tucsonaz,gov
For more information, email: TPDvolunteers@tucsonaz,gov
The application window for interns has closed, please check back for Spring 2023 internships.
Interns are afforded a unique opportunity to assist the Tucson Police Department.
Interns are a valuable asset to our department.
Our internship program is a reciprocal partnership in which interns gain knowledge and marketable job skills, while bringing their expertise and enthusiasm to help increase police responsiveness, efficiency and quality customer service.
The Tucson Police Department places qualified interns where they can best create efficiencies for the department and improve services to the community. Interns supplement and support sworn officers and civilian personnel.
- Provide all documentation required by your school to participate in an internship with the Tucson Police Department. Proof of internship requirement will also be requested.
- Email your request to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Internship applicants will be contacted by the TPD Backgrounds Unit and provided with a background packet to complete.
- Once applicants submit the packet, background investigations begin.
- Upon successful completion of the background check, applicants will undergo a mandatory training with the Tucson Police Department Records Unit.
- Interns will be contacted to be scheduled for placement.
*The Tucson Police Department will try to accommodate specific requests, however, actual placement depends on department needs at the time.